Special Event Insurance in Manchester, IA and surrounding areas
Organizing and hosting special events can be exciting and rewarding, but these occasions are often complicated projects requiring significant financial investment. Regardless of how careful and diligent you may be in planning your event, many things could go wrong both leading up to the big day and during it. With that in mind, you should consider protecting yourself financially by getting the right insurance.
What Is Special Event Insurance?
As its name suggests, special event insurance provides coverage for many common risks and exposures associated with significant occasions. In general, it may be advisable to consider a special event policy when planning the following:
- Award presentations
What Does Special Event Insurance Cover?
An essential part of preparing for your special event is accounting for things that could go wrong. Without adequate insurance, you could end up being responsible for significant out-of-pocket costs arising from the following issues:
- Bodily injury liability—If a guest is injured at your event, this coverage can help pay for resulting medical expenses, lost wages and legal costs.
- Property damage liability—If another party, such as a guest or the venue itself, accrues property damage during your event, your insurance can help pay for repair or replacement costs.
- Cancellation—If your event must be canceled or postponed, your policy may cover rescheduling fees or lost deposits.
- Personal property damage—This type of insurance can cover losses involving certain valuable items, such as garments (e.g., wedding dresses, tuxedos), jewelry, gifts and photographs.
In addition to the aforementioned core coverages, you may want to augment your insurance portfolio with additional protection. For example, if you plan to serve alcohol at your event, liquor liability coverage is advisable.
How Much Does Special Event Insurance Cost?
Like most types of insurance, the cost of sufficient special event coverage may vary significantly. Before providing an accurate quote for adequate protection, insurance companies generally consider the following criteria:
- Type of event
- Duration of event
- Details of venue (e.g., location, size)
- Number of guests in attendance
- Presence of alcohol
- Policy details (e.g., coverage limits)
Get the Right Coverage
Special events can be exciting and rewarding to plan and host, but many things can go wrong. Without adequate insurance, a single incident, slight error or even unfortunate circumstances outside of your control could all lead to significant losses you will have to pay for out of pocket.
At Dolan Insurance Agency, our special event coverage experts will work with you to understand your occasion’s specific insurance needs and craft optimal policies. Contact us
today to get started.