Farm Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Farm Insurance Information
If you own a farm or ranch, farm insurance can provide essential protection from losses that could otherwise cause financial harm. Generally, you can tailor a farm insurance policy to meet the needs of your operation, whether you own high-value animals, grow crops or rely on machinery to keep your farm running. Contact Dolan Insurance Agency for a personalized insurance quote.
How to Lower Farm Insurance Premiums
Finding the right coverage for your farm is crucial to managing your risk, but high insurance premiums can cut into your profits. One of the best ways to reduce the cost of your premiums is to minimize the number of claims you file.
Consider the following tips for reducing the likelihood of claims-causing accidents at your farm:
- Prioritize safety as part of everyday work.
- Require seat belts to be worn in all moving vehicles.
- Screen your drivers.
- Keep your buildings clean and free of clutter.
- Ensure everyone on your farm understands their responsibility to protect themselves and others.
- Use personal protective equipment (e.g., safety glasses and hand protection).
- Learn from your mistakes.
What to Do if You Need to File a Claim
The claims process may vary among insurers; however, it’s generally recommended that you report any claims as soon as possible. This may involve calling your insurance company, filing an online claim or using your insurer’s app.
When filing a claim, you should be prepared to provide the following information:
- Description of the accident, including any injuries
- Your policy number or insured’s name
- Date and time of the loss
- Description of any involved vehicles (e.g., VIN, make and model)
- Names and phone numbers of involved parties
What Coverage Does My Farm Need?
Your insurance agent can help you tailor your policy to meet your needs. Farm insurance typically includes coverage that can help protect you from financial losses stemming from your farm products, machinery and livestock. You may be given a range of common farm insurance coverages to choose from, including the following:
- Crop insurance
- Livestock insurance
- Commercial auto insurance
- General liability insurance
- Farm equipment insurance
- Workers’ compensation insurance
- Farm structures insurance
- Farm dwelling insurance
- Umbrella insurance
The agents at Dolan Insurance Agency can help you understand your coverage needs. Contact us in Manchester, Iowa, to learn more about our farm insurance policies.
This page is intended for informational and educational use only. It is not exhaustive and should not be construed as legal advice. Please contact your insurance professional for further information.